Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Post Op Pics - 9 Days

Ok so remember things are pretty swollen and uggers right now ... its only day 9!



This is my front tummy shot - where I had my initial concerns ... see my outtie belly button ... its that little ugly thing in between what looks like two tits! arghhhhhh all the taped up bits is my fanny with the drains coming out of it ... trust me even in this state it looks 200% better than pre op! LOL Now apparently everything will "drop" and flatten out. The scars are sitting a little high on my hips at the moment, but they will drop up to a couple of inches and when that happens, everything smooths out ... faith Leenie, have 100% faith in the man!

Now apparently also I have all thise internal "hoisting" stitches which self dissolve in a couple of weeks time and that helps everything settle also. It's incredible how this is all going to come together eventually. I was reading some internet articles which suggest that 75% of the swelling will disappear within 6 weeks and 90% of the swelling with go within 3 months. YAY! I'm going to look so hot on the gold coast at Christmas ;)


Heres a side view of the scar going over my "hip" which is more around the level of my waist at the moment ... the black piece is just blood and tissue healing, again he said nothing to be concerned about. It looks all jagged and puckered, but again it will all smooth out. Incredible really.


Otherside - left to right going from bum to front ... I've still got the drawings on my outer thighs where he marked me up! LOL Actually the scarring looks quite good on this side - very fine already!

Now this is what I'm excited about ... MY BUM! I reckon I'm going to have a porn star bum YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... I can so see the potential here, remember I'M REALLY SWOLLEN but sheez, cant you just picture it with the scar faded and swelling gone - reasonable waist, cute hips and a nice ROUND bum! yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa ... this shot excites me ... dont enlarge it and look too close, or you may see my winkle LMAO! The "breakdown" has occurred where the "v" meets at my butt crack. Breakdown means the wound has come apart slightly or in graphic terms - BUSTED OPEN ... ewwwwwwwww ... but thats ok, it happens to everyone in varying degrees just takes a little bit longer to heal - cant see it anyway because its inside the butt crack - its where all the pressure is when you sit on your arse all day - so guess it is to be expected! LOL

Ok ... so thats it ... my gory first post op pics. Hope I didnt freak you out too much - I'm finding it all quite fascinating :D

11 comments:

Kate said...

Tis fascintating! :-) And you are looking great, as a nurse, I must say... your wounds look fab from where I am, nice and clean and healing! Can't wait to see more progress pics later.

You are doing so well!! And ugh @ Mills and Boons, lol. For a while there I got hooked on the medical ones. Terribly trashy, and terribly enjoyable SOMETIMES.

Name: Lynise said...

ok, I really had to think twice about whether I could cope with viewing anything graphic and probably should should say (much to my own embrassment) that I have fainted several times when having a mere injection. (yep total wuss). Anyway, after seeing the pic's it just highlighted to me how darn brave you are and I am just happy for you as I could sense how much you really wanted this. Thanx for trusting us to share so much of your journey with us. You are one amazing woman Helena and I have a ton of admiration for you.

Anne said...

OMG - wasn't sure if I wanted to see or what to expect!! Amazing what they have done, and as you said incredible how it will all come together!! Can see why you are exicted about your bum!!!!

Now Mills & Boon - that's sad!!

Lynda said...

OMG... it goes all the way around the back too. Do most tummy tucks do this ? This is one serious op you had... wow.

Rachel said...

Looking fabulour darling and your not even healed or de-swollen yet!

How facinating!

JustJo said...

Fantastic!!! The scarring is nothing like I thought it would be!! It's all too fascinating.... Righto - now I'm off to enlarge and check out your "winkle" hahahahahaha NOT!!!! You rock skinny chick!!!

Chris H said...

You are braver than me, I could not post my post op body like that! Looking good mate.

Felicity said...

BEAUTIFUL
some of those scars look like they are healing already you musta really prepared that old body well b4 surgery hun

Wat a toosshy

celtic_girl said...

Hi Leenie,
have been following your adventure for a few weeks now,I agree with Kate, as an ex nurse your would looks really good and it looks like a nice bit of work your surgeon did. Thanks for posting your pics.

Jenny said...

As others have said your wounds are looking really good. Roll on the next few weeks when the swelling will have gone down and you have your hour glass shape :)
You're a very brave woman. Thanx for sharing such a personal journey :)
Big Hugz
Jenny

Chubbymum said...

Wow!!!
I don't know what else to say as everyone has said what I wanted to say he he he.

Wow only after 9 days how amazing are you.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com